The Inside Out Anecdote Competition is your chance to tell us your favourite story by creating a video for our Facebook page. Every two months we will choose the best video and the creator will receive a prize of a Macmillan English Dictionary, plus have their video featured on the Inside Out website.
1. Decide on the story you are going to tell. If you need inspiration, have a look at the Anecdote speaking activities in the Inside Out coursebooks. You can see some sample anecdote vidoes here. These are some topics that we recommend:
2. Your video should be no more than 3 minutes long (including any introduction and credits), so practice telling your story, maybe to a friend or classmate so you know exactly what you’re going to say.
3. Record your video! You can do this with a video camera, a webcam on a computer, the video mode on a digital camera, or even your mobile phone – just make sure that the sound is nice and clear so we can hear what you are saying.
4. VERY IMPORTANT: To take part in this competition anyone appearing in the video must be 18 years of age or older. In addition we are only able to accept original and royalty-free material. Any content that is rights-protected will be rejected, so please do not use any music, images, etc that you do not have the rights to use.
5. Once your video has been created, come on over to the Inside Out Facebook page and ‘Like’ us. From February 15th, you will be able to upload your video to this Facebook page. But join us in the meantime and let us know what you are working on!
1. Every two months we will select one video as a winner. The winner will receive a prize of their choice of a Macmillan Dictionary (Advanced Learners / Collocation / Phrasal Verbs).
2. Winners will be notified through a message on Facebook.
3. Videos will be judged on the following criteria:
• Creative use of English
• Number of ‘like’ votes on Facebook
4. The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges. The judges will consider the popularity of the video, so make sure your friends hit the “Like” button to vote for you and post a comment.
4. DO NOT TRY TO SEND US VIDEO FILES DIRECTLY, the only way to enter the competition is through the Facebook page.
5. You may submit as many videos as you like.
If you have any questions, please email: email@example.com with ‘Inside Out Anecdote Competition’ in the title.